Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Paradiso (Redux)

This was an entry from a livejournal written on October 25th 2006, right before I started working at Highland. My current username (I had many) was Ghost1929, from a beloved Neutral Milk Hotel Song. I had already coined the nickname Megzuki and was still using Myspace. Funny I should rediscover this now, just shy of 5 years later, and I am currently rereading Geek Love, which I cannot but think of while reading this.

Life is funny-touching at times.

Also eerie...

last night i had a dream in which i was staying in a 4-star hotel. the reason as to why i was there revolved around myself being shipped off to college, but lacking an appropriate place to abide until the semester began. my parents had left the country for reasons unknown and so had placed me in the finest establishment they could locate, where all my companions had miraculously been placed, as well. because, you see, in my dream there existed one measly college that everyone was required to attend.

the hotel functioned not only a a living quarters, but for recreational purposes, as well. it included a theater, gymnasium, and an underground shopping center that we could use to our own advantages and function in to fit our own time-frames.

one day i was wandering around trying to locate the theater, and i stumbled upon a room unfamiliar to my memory. the door was slightly ajar and was partially shielding the voices that seemed to be leaking form beneath it. curiosity overtook me, and with no hesitation i gave the door a shove, coming face-to-face with a sight more shocking than i had prepared myself for.

behind the door lay a modernized side-show...but the first word that entered my mind was HELL, for beyond the barrier existed a micro-pod of people that lacked the appropriate limbs to normally function as human beings. their wanton eyes stared questionably at my average form, as they and myself waited for the first move to be made. i could feel their minds straining to locate some anatomical error in my makeup, searching for my missing segment before accepting me into their self-declared sanctuary. as i stood there speechless, jaw dropped open, i suddenly felt i wave a acceptance wash over me, and i found myself to be moving forward--violently driven by some force outside of myself.

before i knew it, my arms were wrapped around these hobbling creatures...these misplaced mutants lacking lower-bodies. grasping onto something so honest and pure, that i drifted into an out of body state, with these innocent souls just inches away from my heart. and suddenly their expressions shifted from something defensive and fearful to inexplicably astonished as i continuously brought each one of them into my arms and onto my chest, lifting off me a weight that i had become so used to carrying. every chip on my shoulder, every rust-eroded memory, every scar that haunted my weary mind...disintegrated.

and the rooms inhabitants wept, because an incident as rare and as lovely as this was doomed to never occur twice over alongside humanity. for if it did, the universe would collapse inside itself, and the world would be dangerously too close to Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment